Welcome to Toronto Ember.js
Subscribe to the mailing list
If you're planning on attending, please sign up for our email list.
We'll notify you whenever a meetup is scheduled. We won't do anything bad with your address or send you spam.
About the Meetup
The format is pretty simple: we'll start with a short presentation about something Ember related. Then people can ask questions, talk to each other and discuss all things Ember!
When and Where is the Meetup?
The next Toronto EmberJS Meetup is March 13th, 2014 at 6.30pm at Pharmacy.
- Thursday March 13 (one week later than usual) at Pharmacy
Do I have to be an expert in EmberJS to attend?
Of course not!
Ember is such a new technology that we couldn't expect anyone to be an expert at this point. One of the reasons to create a local meetup is so that we can all learn together and bounce ideas off each other.
- February 9th, 2013 - @trianglegrrl presented Testing Ember apps with Cucumber (slides) and @embersherpa introduced us to the newest version of Ember Query Params (slides)
- January 9th, 2013 - @jamiebikies showed how to package an Ember libray (slides) and @rdharper enlightened us on animations from scratch (slides)
- November 7th, 2013 - @rdharper talked about performance on Mobile (slides)
- October 3th, 2013 - @heycarsten demonstrated his Ember Validation promise-based solution (slides) and code
- September 5th, 2013 - @elucid and @ghedamat discussed some of the sweet spots of the Ember 1.0 release along with the new Ember Data design (slides)
- August 1st, 2013 - @evitrout showed us the recent perfomance improvements patches he brought into Ember and @heycarsten gave us a preview of the new lcbosearch
- June 6th, 2013 Brennan and Nick from HitSend Inc. walked us through the latest additions they've rolled out to SoapBox, @jamiebikies showed us her brand new YoleoReader, @ghedamat gave a presentation about the newly introduced ember-testing package
- May 2nd, 2013 - @MrMcDowall presented "My Month in Ember and @ghedamat presented a small Ember brochure site
- April 4th, 2013 - @eviltrout presented an app that displays and filters photos from Reddit and @jamiebikies presented a realtime multiplayer addition to @eviltrout's EmberPress
- February 26, 2013 - @heycarsten gave a recap of the recent EmberCamp talks
- December 10, 2012 - @elucid discussed
ArrayProxy and strategies for wrapping collections of objects in controllers.
- November 12, 2012 - @eviltrout presented EmberPress, a LetterPress clone in JS.